Thursday, August 21, 2008

♪♪ "Oh Susannah" ♪♪

I have been singing this song all day with great anticipation as I have waited for the news of your arrival. It seems like a dream that you are finally here!

My beautiful sister Quincy and little Susannah.

Susannah Quincy Sorensen (aka our little Susie Q) was born today at 2:19 p.m. Central Time. She is weighing in at 7 lbs 1 oz. and is 19 1/2 inches long. She has a little bit of dark hair. Wow, she is small like Cozette. All of the other babies in our family have been MUCH bigger.

Mommom called me today right before 3 p.m. with the very sad news that Quincy was only dilated to a 4. We had hoped that Susannah would be here by 3:00 p.m.. We both agreed that it could possibly be hours before Quincy would have her. Immediately after we hung up, Mom called back with much excitement in her voice saying that literally in moments Quincy dilated to a 7. We knew that the time was close. Within minutes she called back again telling me she just received a text from Kirk saying,"She's here and weighs 7.1. lbs." I think Susannah knew how much we wanted her here, so she hurried up for us!

Quincy finally called me sounding wonderful. I am always excited to know the cute things Zoe and Kaija say. Quincy said that when Kaija entered the room the first thing she asked was, "Is she cute?" Quincy assured her Susannah is and added that she looks like Elijah.


He has been in my thoughts even more than he usually is today. I have felt a certain peace that he is aware of his little family and is rejoicing, just as we are, of the arrival our precious Susannah.



Handsome Kirk and beautiful Zoe with Susannah.

Stay tuned for more Susie Q pictures!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I am SO HAPPY to see the beautiful pictures of the baby and Quincy looks amazing. This is such a wonderful time - the veil is so thin at times like this - with a new little piece of heaven joining their family. My thoughts are with them and I too have been thinking of little Elijah. Kate is the same age as when he passed away. I am so glad this is such a time of healing and rejoicing.

Mary-Faith said...

She is sooo cute! It sems like just yesterday Kayleigh told me that she was coming near the end of the month.