Every family has traditions. We usually associate them with Christmastime. One tradition we have as a family is the "BUG" game. We like to see who can find the most Volkswagen Bugs whenever we run errands or go anywhere. We have been playing BUG for years now. We have a point system for scoring points:
1 point- any color bug except red
2 points- red bug, or any classic colored bug
3 points- red convertible bug or multi-colored bugs
2 points- red bug, or any classic colored bug
3 points- red convertible bug or multi-colored bugs
4 points- classic red convertible bug ( we do see them occasionally.)
Whenever you see a Volkswagen Bug you scream, "BUG!" really loud. (except when Cozette is asleep.) I must add that I usually do not win this game. It is neck and neck with Mom and Everett. Sometimes, I will surprise everyone and win. We consider Everett the all-time winner because one time on the way to Huntsville, AL to see Quincy, he found a Bug dealership and there were over 20 of them in the parking lot. When we went to Asheville this summer for vacation, we had the "ultimate Bug contest" to see who could find the most bugs. Mom won that one and Everett did not like it. :) I love to play BUG, it makes s laugh and we have so much fun playing it.
Yes, I have survived the first two weeks of middle school. My two connections are Chorus and Gym. On Tuesday, I am trying out for a special group for chorus, wish me luck!! I really do not like gym. You have to change your clothes in the locker room and be sweaty. I have gym for 18 weeks. Boo! I like most of my teachers, except for one, but no one likes her. I have made new friends too. Over all middle school is pretty good! :]
♪PeAcE OuT GiRl ScOuT♪ :]

2 comments:
Gym is a total drag. I mean, I like being active and all but I totally agree... the changing and all that is a pain.
And you all sure are great at your bug game. We call it slug bug. I played as a kid but not so much anymore...
cute idea - when i first saw the google alert (i get updates for blogs about asheville vacations) i thought it meant actual bugs instead of cars, and i was thoroughly intrigued and a little grossed out. but it makes a lot more sense now that i see the entry! if you are interested in coming back to asheville, i write a blog all about what's going on in the area and about Carolina Mornings' vacation rentals - http://carolinamornings.blogspot.com. Take care!
Post a Comment