Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lions and Bunnies and Bears...OH MY!


I have a unique collection of stuffed animals. Pictured above is Lizzy Belle, Minnie May, Dorothy, and Hubert (Dorothy is sitting in the yellow chair) . Great-Grandma Dorothy gave me these bunnies and teddy bear. Granny Dot is Mommom's mom. It is quite interesting how I came to name these stuffed animals. Granny Dot has 14 brothers and sisters. She is number 13 and the youngest girl. Aunt Lizzy Bell is the oldest sibling and was 21 years old when Granny Dot was born. She will be 102 years old this November. You may find it interesting that Aunt Minnie May is almost 100 years old but she never gets any attention in the family because Aunt Lizzy Bell is older! Uncle Hubert is one of Granny Dot's older brothers. He is a WWII veteran and actually lived in a foxhole in France for almost two months. My mom once talked to him about his war experiences and tears came to his eyes as he remembered his military service. Mommom loves Aunt Lizzy, Aunt Minnie, and Uncle Hubert very much so I wanted to name these stuffed animals after them, especially since Granny Dot gave them to me.




Here are some of my favorite stuffed animals. From left to right: Pinky, Elizabeth, Macy, Honey Bunny, and Kissy. Lulu, Starburst, and Snoopy are sitting in the chair. Then Snuggles, Teddy, Cozy Bear, Scraps, and Amy.

Lulu is my favorite and I want to tell the story of how I came to get her. I was about 61/2. We were going to Fudruckers for Everett's 4th birthday with Mommom and Papa. There was a claw machine there filled with stuffed animals. I asked Papa if he would try to get one for me. He did but he didn't get one. We ate our dinner and after that I asked if he would try again. Everyone at the table said no and tried to explain the game was probably set up so you could not get a stuffed animal.


I had faith that I would get one, so I kept on asking. Finally, everyone told Papa to do it to prove that he couldn't get one. He took me to the machine and OUT CAME A LAMB! When I came back with a little lamb everyone's eyes nearly popped out of their heads. (I never said," I told you so!") I asked what I should name her and mommom suggested Lulu. I must add that poor Lulu came out with a crooked neck. Mommom invented the clinic whenever her neck needs to be mended. Sadly, Lulu has to go to Mommom's clinic lots. I love Lulu the most. She reminds me to always have faith. She goes with me everywhere.

Joke of the day:
What do you put on a pig's sun burn?
"oinkment"

♥♥♥Tah Tah♥♥♥
P.S. Speaking of pigs, I have two webkinz that are not pictured. Daisy a little pink pig and Goldilocks a Lil' Kinz Golden Retriever.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I LOVE your story about Lulu. It is really great to write down all those memories - you will treasure that forever...when you are old like me! It reminds me of the scrapbook page we made for Lindsay's Bunny that got lost a few years back. We told stories about her and pictures of her with Bunny. (She called it Nunny.)

Nikki said...

Hey Kayleigh! We just read your new blog entry as a family and we LOVE IT! Your new template is so cool! I love the design. You are such a great storyteller. We loved reading about how you named our animals. Zoe and Kaija are sitting beside me.

Zoe says, "I love your blog. It is so cute. And I hope that you can make more of your blog. Love, Zoe."

Kaija says, " Dear Kayleigh, I have been missing you so much. And I hope you are having a great day. Love, Kaija."

The Kipper Family said...

cute joke, I will have to use that one.

Mary-Faith said...

I love your entry! It made me think about my stuffed animals.